Thursday, May 14, 2020

A look at NFL Futures: AFC East and AFC North



During this extraordinarily boring not sports time I thought I would take a dive into the future win totals and NFL schedules for the upcoming 2020 season.  Today we will look at half of the AFC, the East and the North.  Plus it gives me an excuse to post pictures of cheerleaders...


AFC East:  One Mediocre Mess
Now that Brady has moved on, it will be interesting if Belichick is what drove the Patriots Machine or was it Brady...

Buffalo Bills - Under 9
They might hit it right at 9-7 but if I was to bet I would take the under.  They have a tough middle of the season with road games against Raiders and Tennessee then home against the Chiefs, then two division rivals Jets and Patriots followed by Russell Wilson and the Seahawks.  

New England Patriots - Under 9
Well I guess by saying under 9 I am saying Brady was responsible for the Patriot Machine.  Lots of travel early in the schedule; home game then to Seattle, then back home and then to KC.  After the bye is brutal:  49ers, at Bills, at Jets, Baltimore and Houston.  Ouch.

New York Jets - Over 6.5
I surprised myself with going with the over with the Jets.  I am not sold on "I'm seeing Ghost" Darnold but they seem to have a favorable schedule.  Toughest spot is really a west coast swing where they have back to back games at Seattle and at the Rams. 


Miami Dolphins - O/U 6 leaning over
6 wins seems to be the spot.  They have a tough early stretch starting in Week 4 as they play Seahawks then road games against 49ers and Broncos.  3 road games in December doesn't help either. 

AFC North: Ravens perched high above the rest
It will take a minor miracle or major injury for any team other than the Ravens to win this division.  

Baltimore Ravens: Over 11.5
I can't see them losing more than 2-3 games all season.  Last 4 games are Browns, Jaguars, Giants and Bengals!  Laughable. 

Pittsburgh Steelers: O/U 9 leaning under
9-7 sounds about right, but if I had to go one way or the other I probably would lean to the under.  They have a good chance to get out of the gate fast with 4 home games in their first 6.  This could be key to going over the 9.  A bye between two road games against Ravens and Cowboys helps too.  

Cleveland Browns: Under 8.5
8-8 season for the Browns as they continue to improve each year.  The end of the season will be a challenge for them as they have 4 road games out of last 6 which includes a New York road trip to face Jets and Giants which is smack dab in between games against Ravens and Steelers.  

Cincinnati Bengals: Under 5
I'm sorry Bengals but the NFL did not do Burrow any favors with this schedule.  Just look at the last 5 games:  Road against Dolphins but then they play Cowboys, Steelers, Texans and Ravens.  Blood bath.


Next post we will look at the AFC South and West...

No comments:

Post a Comment